We know that many of you want information about the current state of law school admissions and the legal profession so we have created and curated the following resources below for you. We are updating these resources weekly so check back regularly for updates.
We're all in this together so please help us stay up to date. If you receive updates from law schools you have applied to or find helpful news articles, please send them to suppo[email protected] so that we can post them here.
Last Updated: February 2, 2021
Our Free Weekly Zoom Meetups & Bi-Weekly Virtual Happy Hour
We started a Zoom meetup series that meets every Tuesday and Thursday at Noon Central Time to help law school applicants and prospective law students meet each other so that you know you're not alone. We invite guest speakers, including law school admissions consultants, LSAT prep coaches, lawyers, legal career coaches, and other legal professionals to discuss the ever changing trends. Anyone can join from prospective law students to current students and lawyers. Come join us, connect with others, and get practical, real world advice. You can watch our past meetups on our YouTube Channel at youtube.com/leguplegal.Sign-up to receive the weekly invites
LSAC's Coronavirus Updates about the LSAT:
Recorded Zoom Events from LSAC and iLaw:
FREE Law School Application preparation and LSAT help:
- The Playing Field Project Foundation is a nonprofit seeking to diversify the legal profession by breaking down the socioeconomic barriers hindering the chances of success for low-income BIPOC students. The Project provides free LSAT prep, application prep, mentoring, and law school academic prep services to low-income BIPOC students. Apply to the project here: https://theplayingfieldproject.org/apply/
Dear Future Colleague is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides free support to underrepresented students applying to law school. In recognition of the widespread evidence demonstrating deeply unequal access to educational opportunity in America - with race, socioeconomic status, and parents' educational attainment serving as key markers of this disparate access - DFC seeks to utilize the collective knowledge of current law students and recent alumni to make admissions processes at least slightly more equal. Our volunteer law student mentors provide free LSAT tutoring, essay review, and general application advice. All you need to do in order to get paired with a mentor is to take our mentorship matching survey! Questions? Email [email protected]
Updated Chart of Law School Application Deadlines for all ABA-approved law schools
- DISCLAIMER: We compiled this chart based on the application deadlines available on each law school's website and the most up-to-date deadlines showing in the LSAC database as of 10/28/2020. While we will try our best to update this chart periodically, due to the ever-changing circumstances of Covid-19, all prospective students should continue to verify all application deadlines through each law school's admissions office - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pmg3ONdFNpVxL1l6jS5tWkm0a6n2cLeYoD4KQQd9S4g/edit?usp=sharing
Articles about how Coronavirus is impacting law school admissions
- Feast Your Eyes On a Preview Of The 2022 U.S. News Law School Rankings, Above The Law, published January 27, 2020
- Admissions Trends You Should Know About, preLaw Magazine, published on December 12, 2020
- How to Respond to the J.D. Application Increase, USnews.com, published December 7, 2020
- By the Numbers: The State of Law School Admissions, Debt and Diversity, Law.com, published November 26, 2020
- Law School Applicants Are Way Up. Is It an 'RBG Moment'?, Law.com, published November 17, 2020
Updates from Law School Admissions Consultants
- Spivey Consulting
- Brief Cycle Update, published February 2, 2021
- AMA Podcast: Why haven't I gotten a decision yet? Is January too late to apply + The worst PS we've ever seen - published January 19, 2021
- 2020 ABA 509 Data for all Law Schools, published December 18, 2020
- How the LSAT-Flex Has Changed the Admissions Cycle, published November 28, 2020
- 2019-2020 Application Cycle Volume Summary, published February 2, 2021
- Ivey Consulting
- Applying this fall? Start prepping now for the LSAT, published January 26, 2021
- Do I need to submit updated transcripts?, published January 8, 2021
- How to Report LSAT Scores in Your Law School Applications, published December 1, 2020
- Write Track Admissions
- Effects of Covid-19 on your law school competitiveness, published December 14, 2020
- Spivey Consulting
Alternative Internship Experiences / Ways to Get Legal Experience
- LawyerUp Virtual Internship for prospective law students - https://www.linkedin.com/company/lawyerupinternship/
- The Forage Virtual Experience Programs - https://www.theforage.com/ (open to prospective and current law students)
- Law Student Connect online legal recruiting platform - https://lawstudentconnect.com/
- HotShot Legal Digital Learning Platform - https://www.hotshotlegal.com/ (law students only)
- GlobalLawyersConnect, a global community to help students who plan to study law internationally - https://www.linkedin.com/company/globallawyersconnect/
Emily Hirsekorn is a life and leadership coach for lawyers and law students. She will help you find clarity, confidence, and joy in work and life so you can fully step into your leadership potential.
Emily offers 1:1 coaching to help clients (i) uncover their top values and what they want most out of life, (ii) set meaningful goals to take their life to the next level, and (iii) achieve their goals by addressing any and all blocks that might get in their way and holding clients accountable. She specializes in law student and early career lawyer confidence, leadership development, and life purpose coaching.
She also offers customizable leadership development programs for organizations working to empower their members in a group setting.